Functionality of wallets
Wallet features might include:
- creating and closing a Lightning payment channel
- sending and receiving of Lightning payments
- refilling funds, funds pop-up
- punishing fraudulent payment publication
- integration with or connectivity to Watchtowers
- connectivity to Lightning exchanges
- atomic swaps
Be aware of and understand the difference between full and thin wallets. The differences between custodial and non-custodial wallets. The differences between open source and closed source wallets. Wallets can steal all all your funds. Do not use a wallet you do not trust. Always research a wallet (e.g. on the internet) before you install and use a wallet. Only use a wallet you trust.
Wallets can have access to, hold, and manage the private keys of your funds. Wallets can misuse these keys to fraudulently steal funds from you if you are not careful. See fraud to learn about how to avoid fraud.
- Build knowledge: Learn about Lightning.
- Build trust: Research a wallet to build trust before downloading it, installing it or using it.
- Start with small funds: Start with small funds to improve your knowledge and the trust in your wallet.
- Backup: Frequently backup your wallet. This is specific to your wallet, so check with your Lightning wallet provider.
- Use a Watchtower: Use a Watchtower to be vigilant on your behalf about your Lightning payment transactions
- Open the wallet regularly: This is specific to your wallet, so check with your Lightning wallet provider. Good wallets are vigilant and supervise your payment transactions and thereby can detect and also correct fraudulent payment transactions. You might have to open your wallet for this to happen.
List of Lightning wallets
Disclaimer: lightningwiki.net does not recommend any wallet(s) and is not responsible for the action(s) of any wallets. The use of any wallet is 100% at your risk. It is fully your responsibility. See dangers and risks.
|Wallet||Own your keys?||Linux||Windows||MacOS||Android||IOS||Web||Open-source||Remarks|
|ZEBEDEE||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||The ZEBEDEE Wallet is a powerful Lightning wallet with advanced features for gamers and content creators.|
|Lightning Labs app||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||by Lightning Labs, lnd frontend|
|Coinos||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Coinos is a bitcoin web wallet. Coinos offers both custodial and non-custodial wallet accounts.|
|Eclair wallet||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||by ACINQ, Eclair frontend; supports receiving payments on Testnet|
|lnd-gui||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||by Alex Bosworth|
|Peach wallet||?||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Peach wallet is not available to the public, the wallet is sold to businesses. The Lightning wallet is custodial.|
|BLW (Bitcoin Lightning Wallet)||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||standalone SPV Bitcoin node|
|Rawtx ln wallet||?||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Shango||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||lnd frontend, requires lnd node|
|Shock wallet||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||c-lightning frontend|
|Fulmo||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Python wallet dependent on c-lightning|
|Blue wallet||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Review video. Bitcoin wallet is non-custodial. Lightning wallet is custodial by default.|
|Spark wallet||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||c-lightning frontend|
|Sparko||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||The same as Spark wallet, but repackaged as a single binary|
|Swift Lightning Project||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||lnd frontend|
|Wallet of Satoshi||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||"Simplest wallet"|
|@lntxbot||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Telegram bot that serves as a full-fledged custodial wallet.|
|Joule||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Browser Extension||Yes||by Wallet of Satoshi, lnd frontend|
|Pebble||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||connect to your own remote LND or BTCPay server|
|Nayuta||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Powered by lnd, using SPV. Development of Nayuta Wallet is in suspension as of 20 Jul 2021.|
|Phoenix||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Only support Eclair Lightning channels|