It was originally designed for users opening private channels. Later it was expanded for ranking public routing nodes.
- It was used to for providing a list of nodes for Autopilot to use a candidate targets for automatically opening channels.
- It was used for identifying the initial set of nodes that can lend liquidity in Lightning Pool
"They’re just opaque scores" -- Alex Bosworth
Some information about calculation can be found here
Adding your node
Should go automatically. Make sure your node has channels, is visibile on the graph (you can check this on 1ml.com for example)
- PR https://github.com/lightninglabs/lightning-app/pull/1005
- Sortable Bos scores: https://lightningwiki.net/bos/
- Get your Bos score here: https://nodes.lightning.computer/availability/v1/btc.json ( testnet on https://nodes.lightning.computer/availability/btctestnet.json )
- Bos enables better autopilot: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd/pull/2212
- BOS cross-correlated with 1ml scores: https://bos.lightning.jorijn.com/